Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Summer Bucket List

The hot days of summer are just beginning, and it is nice to realize that we have all this glorious weather ahead of us. Finally WE have the best days in our region, and I just want to soak all this in, the best way yet. And next year we will try to top what was "achieved" this summer. That's the plan! :)

I noticed that if I make a list of something, it does come true. Perhaps in reality it will take 2 or even 3 summers to do all of this, but eventually we will get to it!

So, here it is - my summer bucket list in no particular order:

  • Lots of yummy weekend breakfasts with my hubby 
  • Read a book entirely in the back yard
  • Kayaking
  • See my brother more often
  • Patio dinners with with parents and grannies
  • Beach day(s)
  • Going out to a hot dogs and burgers place for dinner
  • Drive-in movie
  • Make my own preserves (from berries gathered on a farm)
  • Camping with a tent
  • Bonfire
  • A day on a boat on a lake
  • Biking for ice cream, and just biking
  • Ice cream social for my neighbors
  • Road trip with family
  • Lazy days with no agenda
  • Belarussian style bacon made over open fire
  • Swimming in rivers and lakes
  • Learn a few new summer soups and salads
  • Sailing
  • More photo-sessions with my friend, Yulia
  • Hammock in our back yard
  • Learn a new pie or cake
  • A day in a pine forest to smell it and hear the wind in trees
  • Spend quality time with my friends on a join vacation, even just in Belarus
  • Visit my childhood summers village - Kopatkevichi, and stay there for at least a week
  • Yoga in the park
  • Running a half marathon
  • Play badminton
  • Watch our favorite movie with my friend; the movie we saw at least 20 times, when we were teens 
  • Stroll night summer streets and avenues of Minsk
  • Visit Cape Cod
  • Go whale watching
  • Pay a visit to the Pacific ocean along the West Coast
  • Attend Ivan Kupala, Belarussian mid-summer holiday
  • Fireworks
  • Visit London and hear Adele in concert
  • Hot air ballon ride
  • Fly a kite
  • Go fishing
I think this should be a good start. :)

No comments: